On Sunday, Dad and I started our journey but crapped out in Winchester, Virginia, wherever that may be. We got up bright and early and finished the trip. I came to find my temporary living situation, the loft owned by my school. Pretty cool set up. I don't really care for the area, but I mean there's obviously a ton of stuff around here just like every other area.
And of course, as soon as I met up with Quinten, he had something for us to do - A FOSTER THE PEOPLE CONCERT IN CENTRAL PARK. That was a huge deal to me but I guess kind of normal for everyone else. Whatevs. It was awesome. I love that band, super fun.
So thennnnn, I had my internship the next afternoon! I got up really early - not really by choice (I currently sleep in a room with nine other beds ugh) - but that was good because I got to walk to work and explore a little. I had breakfast at a little grill in Gramercy, which was surprisingly super cheap.On the walk I realized that the church I want to try out is right by my temp living! Plus.
I also realized that my temp living is not in the very best area. Downside. But it's temp. Plus side.So I wasted some time and went into some stores on Broadway in SoHo and then started my first day at Red Light PR! I really loved it: blogging, organization, lists, meeting cool people, helping pick out clothes for photo shoots, just really everything I like to do. I just really wish it was paid and I could do that every day instead of doing tons of job searching.
Got dinner at Num Pang that night which is DELICIOUS. Weird sandwiches. And met another roommate who's from Charlotte and goes to my school. Small small world.
So as I was drinking my coffee (because now I like coffee?) and eating my crumb cake, I decided I wanted to become a reader. Be a little more intellectual, ya know? (I have yet to start my book). SOOOO I went and (tried) to get a library card. I walked all over freaking creation. And then realized that the Jefferson Market branch doesn't give you your physical card - Mid-Manhattan does! (A million, okay like five, miles away). So I gave up and took the subway and FINALLY got my library card! Now I'm a real New Yorker, right? So I got that Mindy Kaling book. Exciting! Not really.Then I came back to realize I was exhausted, but Paul wanted to get dinner. So of course I went. And we ate on the water at Frying Pan and it was so cool. Then we took the train to Central Park and walked around for a while. I LOVE it over there. So pretty and so many people to imagine their stories. Fun for me.
Today I explored again. I took the train to West Village because I had zero energy to walk after my lack of ANY sleep last night (thank you new roommate who snores like a bear growls) and turned in a few resumes. No one's hiring though. Hmph. But then I gave up and randomly decided to walk a century to the Freedom Tower. And forgot that Obama was coming so EVERYONE was down there. Whoops! On the way, I found some nice cobblestone roads, cool restaurants/coffee shops, and a possible Tom Cruise siting. I didn't wait for very long though.
I finally got to the Freedom Tower and took an instagram, because that's basically the only reason I wanted to go, and then saw a sign that there were some food trucks nearby! So I spent 45 minutes trying to find them to find they were closing. Whoops again! So I got Shake Shack. But I have to go back - there's a grilled cheese food truck. YUM.THEN I came back and chilled until dinner at Dogmatic, and organic hot dog place - really yummy and cool.
Now. I'm. Exhausted. So that's the end of this. Almost.


I miss my mom, dad, sisters, boyfriend, best friends, and small town. I think I'll grow to like this but I'm still feeling like this is vacation and I'll go home soon. Nope. Two months, y'all! Two months...
Oh and I said y'all today and got a warm feeling in my stomach. Never thought that would happen, but I'm really okay with that.
So, until then I'll keep writing about my fantastic adventures. Adios for the night.

No comments:
Post a Comment